Coming January 1, 2010: My week of software, hardware and assorted technology

I did it. Two weeks ago this longtime Windows(PC) user bought a MacBook. One of the most difficult things so far is discovering that some of my favorite software is not available in a Mac application, or that it is not easy to make it work properly on a Mac. Nevertheless, I am forging ahead and at this point I believe the pros are going to outweigh the cons. The experience has me looking at new software and evaluating the software that I currently use. Then yesterday someone asked me, “What technology do you use?” My immediate reaction was to say, “What technology do I NOT use?” If I had the time and money, I’d be attending the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas next week. I love innovation and technology.

Anyway, as a result of the above, I will be posting five days of blogs beginning Monday, January 4, on the subject of which technologies I use, more specifically which software and hardware that I use regularly. You’ll learn such things as my favorite word processor, why I bought a MacBook, my communication devices, favorite Internet sites, my all-time favorite software program, email I use and much more. I’ll go ahead and tell you now that I will not have any recommendations for you. That’s because so much of technology, in general, and software, in particular, is about personal preference.

So check back first thing Monday, January 4, 2010. And I wish you a 2010 filled with success, happiness and peace.

Popular posts from this blog

The Two Most Admirable Qualities in a Leader

Inaugural Prayers

Your town's name may be a big asset.